Some suggestions toward being a better leader in meetings.
Updated: Apr 18
Looking for some good new year resolutions? Here are some suggestions toward being a better leader in meetings.
1) Stop complaining about people being on their laptops. Start taking accountability for speaking so that others want to listen.
2) Stop solely waiting to express your opinion in meetings. Start listening continuously, openly and actively.
3) Stop calling your slides 'my presentation.' Start calling them 'visual aids' and treat them as such.
4) Stop walking people through the data/information. Start giving them the document and a few minutes to read it.
5) Stop putting off your speaking skill development. Find a good coach. (Sorry...I couldn't help myself.)
Happy New Year Everyone!